Listing over the holidays can be very effective if you have a good reason to do so, and there are seven key reasons why this is the case.
Many people wonder whether it makes sense to list over the holiday season. Actually, if you have a good reason for listing your property at this time of year, there are a number of different benefits you can enjoy by selling during the holidays.
1. Buyers are more serious. Those still on the market for a home at this time of year will tend to be very motivated in their search.
2. There will be fewer homes on the market. For sellers, lower inventory equates to less competition and to more money in their pocket at the end of a deal.
3. Inventory rises after the holidays. The opportunity to capture increased demand over the holidays won’t last forever. Sellers looking to list at this time of year will need to make their move soon to avoid facing the hot competition of the spring market.
“No one wants to be without a home for the holidays.”
4. Homes show better during the holidays. There’s something about this time of year that evokes a wonderful warm feeling. This can work in the favors who hope to make their listings feel like a home to interested buyers.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays. No one wants to be without a home for the holidays. Therefore, buyers still on the market at this point of the year may allow this emotional factor to play a role in their decision to purchase your home.
6. We can restrict showings. Because we realize the holidays are a busy time, our team would be happy to restrict showings of your property so that you can still enjoy the season while your home is on the market.
7. Selling in the holidays sets you up for success before the new year. If your New Year’s resolution is to get your property sold, listing over the holidays is the perfect way to meet that goal ahead of time.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.