If your New Year’s resolution is to sell your home, these six tips will help you make it possible. Here’s what to do.
The new year is right around the corner, and many people have already made the resolution to sell their home. Here are some ways you can ensure your home selling resolution is fulfilled in 2020:
1. Get a comparative market analysis of your home. This will help you learn more about your home’s value and the equity you can use for your next home purchase.
2. Understand your where, why, and when. You want to know where you’re moving, why you’re moving, and when you want to move. Understanding these factors helps your move to be better planned and more purposeful.
3. Get pre-approved. If you’re not paying cash for your next home, it’s a good idea to get a mortgage pre-approval. This helps you understand the numbers and know exactly what you can afford.
4. Understand your moving situation. Some people don’t sell their home until they’ve already found a new one. If you buy a home while still selling your first one, you may own two properties at the same time. If you buy a home and sell yours simultaneously, you can move right in without looking for temporary housing.
5. Have a staging consultation. Staging your home makes it more appealing to buyers. We typically either do it ourselves or pay a professional staging company to do it.
6. List with an agent that cares about you. Your Realtor should help you accomplish your family’s goals, dreams, and real estate aspirations.
If you have any questions or would like information, feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you soon.